Friday, January 7, 2011

Mission Accomplished!

Well, today is the day. After what has to have been the longest drive to Louisburg that I have ever taken, I finally got my Canon Rebel T2i. I still have a few accessories to order, but the hardest part is over. I found a great deal and I'm pumped to get out and start taking some shots with it soon. If I can get my wife to let me out of indentured servitude for a few hours, I will try and get some test shots posted later this weekend.

Just handling it for a few minutes, I can already tell there is a lot that I need to acclimate myself to. Even though I've used a DSLR for years, I am switching brands and controls. Not only that, but I am used to shooting video on HDV cams, so making this switch is going to be fun... and by fun I mean interesting... and by interesting....... I think you get my drift.

However, for every beginning there is an end, and I would be remiss if I did not devote a portion of this post to my previous camera. She has been faithful to me over the years and I know that hasn't always been easy. My Nikon D70 was there for a minor in photography, pictures of both the kids over the years, and a hundred side projects along the way. It was my first and only DSLR until today and I will miss it dearly. Don't think that it's picture taking days are over, though. It will be moving into the trusted care of a family member that is interested in learning photography and I hope that it will serve him as well as it has me. as of today, however, our journey ends. Thanks old girl, I'll never forget you.

##

No comments:

Post a Comment