Since I had already designed a logo for him in the past it made it fairly simple for him and I to work out a quick concept. With the card already visualized in my head, I set to work trying to make it a reality... Only to realize I had a problem. About 95% of the card design was dragging, dropping, resizing, and typing. Easy money, as they say. The last 5% was an emblem that he wanted me to put to the side of his contact info. I figured this would be simple as well since I had done the same thing as part of the previous logo, but the original logo emblem was too small to use so I needed to make another from scratch. Again, no trouble I thought, until I realized that I had made the original in my bootleg version of Photoshop (Judge not lest ye be judged!) and I was now using the much stripped down (but legit) Photoshop Elements. I won't bore you with the gritty details, but let's just say I learned that sometimes 5% of the project can be 95% of the work.
Here are the end results:
I do have to admit that I am a bit jealous of his cards, but not too jealous. Maybe if fire mixed with cameras as well as it did with cars I could pull something like this off, but I think I'm good for now. I was really more jealous of the fact that the black areas of his cards actually came out black (gasp!). Guess that will teach me to try and save you ink, Vistaprint. Considering it costs more to print on recycled paper than fresh dead trees with them, I shouldn't be surprised that it takes more chemicals to effectively show nothingness. Anyway, enough pseudo-environmentalist ranting. I got better things to do... maybe.
Also, if you live in the Pittsburg area and need a car detailed, be sure to give them a ring. You can 'Like' their Facebook page as well.
Thanks for stopping in.