Friday, September 2, 2011

The Month Ahead...

Well, it seems September has finally arrived. It's a month I have been simultaneously dreading and looking forward to. Three out of the four weekends are already booked, two with business and one with pleasure (which sounds really bad now that I've typed it out). Let's start with the pleasure first, shall we? (too much?)



While some people like to head to the lake, take a family vacation, or enjoy a local celebration of some sort; this year I have decided to kill myself... with a bike. Confused? You should be. Actually, this year I am entering to race in the The Slaughter Pen Jam. It's an XC (cross country) mountain bike race held in Bentonville, Arkansas.  Rest assured, though, I will die from either exhaustion or embarrassment from finishing last. Luckily I am only entering the Novice category, so I only have to survive for 5 miles. In all seriousness, being my first XC race ever, I will be ecstatic if I can just finish the course. A hundred mechanic problems can occur and there is always the possibility of injury, so goal #1 is definitely JUST FINISH! Goal #2? Beat everyone over the age of 65 and under the age of 15. Also, I plan to go back out on the trail post-race and turn the outing into a photo session and get some action shots. Stay tuned for the results.

Now, on to the business. The second weekend of September brings the dreaded part of the month, a wedding and MMA double booked Saturday. That's right, I'll be headed to KC to shoot a wedding in the afternoon and then cap off the evening shooting some great MMA action for 1Zero8 Promotions. I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere, but if you try to tell it to me around ten o'clock that night, I won't be laughing. Don't get me wrong, after a slow summer it's nice to be busy again, but let's not go too crazy.

Last, but not least, we have the third weekend of the month. This will bring the shooting of Pittsburg Idol. Last year was a simple shoot, nothing too stressful, and I got to enjoy some nice performances. I think that is part of the reason I enjoy doing videography and production work so much. While it is still work, you get paid to show up and enjoy events that everyone else has to pay to see or you get to see the behind-the-scenes action that everyone at home is missing out on. Anyway, I'm looking forward to it again this year and if you plan on going be sure to look for me in the balcony, perched awkwardly between two seats, filming away.

Well, that's a look at the month ahead. Thanks for reading!
##

No comments:

Post a Comment